Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Here it is... I promised I'd post it. My grandmother's sure-fire mix to fix that tickley cough in the back of your throat or that deep wheezy cough that rattles and hurts. Don't worry about the gettin drunk part; you won't be using that much because this is good. Keep in mind these measurements are VERY approximate. HOWEVER, do keep the ratio's kinda the same.
- 1⁄4 cup good strong cheap whiskey
- 3 peppermint candies (the hard kind)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar (this is actually to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small fruit jar, place the whiskey and honey.
- Crush the peppermints well (this just helps them dissolve) and toss in the jar. If you need it, add the sugar, but if you don't need it, don't add it.
- Let sit and the peppermints dissolve.
- When you need it, take a spoonful; tablespoon if it's very bad, teaspoon if it's light. It's alright to give this to children, just make it more diluted with water.