Recipe by katie.loftus
Rachael Ray - Featured at her 2014 Feedback day party, these tangy chicken wings are fabulous, and true to their name: Rach measures out the marinade using a shot glass! 1 shot = 1.5 fluid ounces
For the marinade
- 3 fluid ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 3 fluid ounces whiskey or 3 fluid ounces Bourbon
- 3 fluid ounces hot sauce (such as Frank&rsquo,s RedHot)
- 3 fluid ounces cider vinegar
- 24 chicken legs, drummers or 3 lbs chicken legs
- 3 tablespoons salt and pepper
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 fluid ounces whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank&rsquo,s RedHot)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large, resealable plastic bag. Season the drummers with salt and pepper and add them to the marinade. Refrigerate for 3 hours, then bring to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the smoker/oven to 300°F.
- Arrange a wire rack over a baking sheet. Arrange the drummers on the rack and slow-cook for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, swirl for 2 minutes, then add the whiskey, Worcestershire (if using), hot sauce and pepper. Drop the heat to low and simmer to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Toss the drummers with sauce and top with the scallions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.