Recipe by Jamie Lynne
Whiskey cake is probably my favorite cake of all time. This is a terrific cake to make for the holidays! The whiskey gives it such a yummy taste and the nuts add a nice touch also. Definitely give this recipe a try! (Note: Cooking time includes cooling!)
Top Review by jdneamon
Try this with bourbon!! The batter was a glue-like consistency, so I added a half cup of milk. The cake still came out just fine. Next time I will try it as written and see what happens. I don't have a bundt pan so I used a regular cake pan, which worked just fine. Just make sure you pour the glaze really slowly, because it almost overflowed before soaking into the cake. Left out the nuts and raisins, since I don't care for nuts and didn't have any raisins. The bourbon was PERFECT in this, since bourbon has a sweet flavor anyway. Everyone really loved this cake--even people who swear they hate bourbon!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (unless already in the cake mix)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 fluid ounce whiskey
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts, but whatever floats your boat!)
- raisins, if desired (I prefer without)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Mix cake ingredients; beat 5 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees in tube pan for 1 hour.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients and cook in a saucepan over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- When cake is removed from the oven, pour glaze over cake slowly, then leave in pan for 2 hours.