Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Whiskey cake is probably my favorite cake of all time. This is a terrific cake to make for the holidays! The whiskey gives it such a yummy taste and the nuts add a nice touch also. Definitely give this recipe a try! (Note: Cooking time includes cooling!)
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (unless already in the cake mix)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 fluid ounce whiskey
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts, but whatever floats your boat!)
- raisins, if desired (I prefer without)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Cake: Mix cake ingredients; beat 5 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees in tube pan for 1 hour.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients and cook in a saucepan over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- When cake is removed from the oven, pour glaze over cake slowly, then leave in pan for 2 hours.
Try this with bourbon!! The batter was a glue-like consistency, so I added a half cup of milk. The cake still came out just fine. Next time I will try it as written and see what happens. I don't have a bundt pan so I used a regular cake pan, which worked just fine. Just make sure you pour the glaze really slowly, because it almost overflowed before soaking into the cake. Left out the nuts and raisins, since I don't care for nuts and didn't have any raisins. The bourbon was PERFECT in this, since bourbon has a sweet flavor anyway. Everyone really loved this cake--even people who swear they hate bourbon!
This is a real nice and tasty adult cake. I made this cake for my dad for fathers day. I followed the recipe by adding the chopped nuts, rasins but I also added a few dried cranberries. I used crown royal wishky and it came out really yummy! Thanks for sharing. Me again I just had to come back to say say that EVERY ONE REALLY LOVED THIS CAKE. Im keeing this recipe for years to come!