Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe come to you courtesy of Evans Farm Inn in Mclean, Virginia. I haven't actually prepared this cake, but thought I would share it with you since this Inn's restaurant is one of the places where my husband I first dated and holds very happy memories for us.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 cup Bourbon (100 proof)
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine the sugars and cream with butter.
- Add well-beaten eggs.
- Sift flour, bakin gpoder and mace; add alternately with whiskey.
- Add nuts, blend well.
- Bake in well greased or paper-lined tube pan for 2 1/2- 3 hours.
- The cake should have a moist, crumbly texture similar to a macaroon.
- Wrap in foil and store in a cool place.
- (Do Not Freeze).
- The cake cuts easier when cold, but should be served at room temperature.
- It will keep for two weeks or longer.
- Note: For added flavor, add 1 TBS of Whiskey Sauce (See ingredients above and combine all well) to the cake one half hour before serving.
- Whipped cream is optional.