Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Twenty years ago, October, James & Elizabeth were married on the dunes in Montauk NY. It was an elegant intimate affair, just immediate family and friends. They hosted the reception themselves and my prepared gift was a filet mignon served with this whiskey butter sauce. No one remembers the temperature that day being cold and cloudy, but everyone remembers this sauce!
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups unsalted butter (cold - cut up in pieces)
- Combine onion, garlic, 1/2 cup whiskey, worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Over a low heat, whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time.
- Add last Tbsp whiskey.
- Sauce consistancy is thin and perfect for a filet mignon or flank steak.