Recipe by Gingerbee
Twenty years ago, October, James & Elizabeth were married on the dunes in Montauk NY. It was an elegant intimate affair, just immediate family and friends. They hosted the reception themselves and my prepared gift was a filet mignon served with this whiskey butter sauce. No one remembers the temperature that day being cold and cloudy, but everyone remembers this sauce!
Top Review by BMac
WOW!! This was excellent. My son wanted to try some whiskey recipe and we saw this. I thought I'd take a chance even though it wasn't rated and we're so glad we did. I used Johnny Walker Red whiskey and Rice wine vinegar (all I had). We served it over thin sliced sirloin steak and rice. We weren't to hungry before but we could have eaten more with this sauce. We highly recommend this.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups unsalted butter (cold - cut up in pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, garlic, 1/2 cup whiskey, worcestershire, hot pepper sauce, vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Over a low heat, whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time.
- Add last Tbsp whiskey.
- Sauce consistancy is thin and perfect for a filet mignon or flank steak.