Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Flavoured butters captured my attention during ZWT & I now even have a cookbook devoted to them. I struck gold at recipegoldmine.com, found 4 new varieties I could not find here at RZ & decided to enter them. This is the 1st & the site acknowledged the "Marlboro Country Cookbook - Morning Fires & Evening Lights". Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely minced)
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (cut into sml pieces)
- Combine onion, garlic & chili pepper in saucepan. Add whiskey, Worcestershire, vinegar, black pepper, mustard & salt.
- Bring to a boil, cook at a slow boil 8-10 min to reduce by half & remove from heat.
- Beat in butter, 2-3 pieces at a time till all butter is well-blended into mixture. Serve at room temp w/grilled steak. Do not reheat!
- NOTE: # of servings was estimated, but will vary according to use.
Great flavored butter! I used mine on steak, and would probably increase the whiskey a bit for steak. I used Jack Daniels. For chicken or other uses, the specified amount is good. I found that my liquids reduced more quickly than specified in the directions, but I was watching closely and everything turned out perfectly! Made for Newest tag game. Thanks for sharing!