Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This will wake up a few taste buds that you probably didn't know you had!
Make and share this Whiskey Barbecue Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 8 fluid ounces pineapple juice
- 2 fluid ounces teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite whiskey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut about ½ inch off the top of the garlic garlic.
- Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat.
- Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough of the skin in place so that the cloves stay together.
- Put the garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle the olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture boils, and then reduce heat until the mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out.
- Discard the remaining skin and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by about ½ and is thick and syrupy.
- Make sure it doesn't boil over.