Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original whiskey balls! i ALWAYS make these for Christmas and new years and bring them along to give out everywhere i go. i love them!
- 1 (20 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons white Karo
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- we have a food processor that makes crumbling the ingredients up A LOT easier.
- take the wafers, pecans, cocoa and grind up.
- add your whiskey and mix (A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!) (I've tried jack, and crown, and I'm using wild turkey this year. crown has been the best so far).
- now, the recipe calls for 2 tbsp of Karo syrup, but i can guarantee you, you'll use more. (this is what holds the balls together)
- add the 2 tbsp and mix and start rolling into 1 inch balls.
- dip into the powdered sugar and your done. like i mentioned, you'll have to add more syrup as you go, but that's OK, it just makes it taste even sweeter! lol.
Wow, these are easy, fast and delicious!! I kept adding Karo in increments in the beginning until the entire mix was moist enough to roll into balls. It took nearly an entire bottle of Karo for me. I can see why people get these so strong tasting, they probably add more and more booze. These are not overwhelming in alcohol (I used the 1/4 cup). They have a slight chocolate taste with undertones of the Crown Royal. Paigey Poo, thanks for the recipe! I was looking for this type of recipe that used the Crown, which I had on hand.