Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really do not know how many cookies this recipe makes. I have eaten them, but have not made yet. One of my residents makes them for the annual Holiday tea and after 6 years of groveling, I got the recipe!!!!! The jar size for the sprinkles is about 2.5 ounces.
- 1 cup butter, softened, do not substitute
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 1⁄2 ounces chocolate sprinkles (in the philadelphia area we call them jimmies)
- Prheat oven to 350 degrees In a large bowl cream together confectioners sugar, and butter until fluffy and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and blend in well.
- Alternate flour and oats, adding a little at a time until well mixed.
- Roll dough into log.
- Then roll into sprinkles.
- Slice and bake on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Rich, crunchy, and buttery with just a hint of chocolate from the jimmies !! This is a WONDERFUL cookie !! I chilled my dough for about an hour in the freezer (to make it easier to slice) and then baked as per the recipe. These are just what I was looking for to fill my Christmas Cookie Trays !!! Thank You SO MUCH for sharing this recipe !!!