1/1 Photo of Whipping Cream Sponge Cake
A fine texture cake served with berries and whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium deep bowl, beat eggs, vanilla extract and salt for 2 minutes until frothy.
- 3Add the sugar a 1/4 cup at a time to the frothy eggs and continue to beat until thick and pale yellow - this will take at least 5 minutes.
- 4In another bowl whip the cream until thickish - NOT stiff!
- 5Add the the egg and sugar mixture and the lemon zest to the whipped cream and beat until well blended.
- 6Lastly sift in the cake flour together with the baking soda and baking powder.
- 7Pour batter into a sprayed and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- 8Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until wooden pick tests clean.
- 9Brush with glaze while warm.
- 10GLAZE: (Optional) - over medium heat dissolve 1/4 sugar in lemon juice. Brush or pour over loaf.
- 11Serve by the slice with macerated berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipping Cream Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 217.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g