Recipe by Just Cher
This is one of the moistest cakes you have ever tried. We like it as it is not too sweet and is perfect after dinner with a cup of coffee
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup almond brickle chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan, set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine cream, cream or tartar and vanilla.
- Add to butter mixture alternating with flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for l hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour glaze over warm cake.
- To glaze: combine powdered sugar, water, vanilla and almond brickle chips in a bowl, stir until well blended.