Recipe by Arna Clark
My favorite cake recipe is Whipping Cream Cake. It's a variation on the pound cake I fell in love with in the corner delis in New York sold by the slice wrapped in celophane. It's fancy enough for company with raspberry sauce and extra whipped cream, or great just plain in my lunchbox the next day.
Top Review by Dufusgoofus
Cake tasted really good. Colleagues enjoyed it, but I should've served it raspberry sauce, whipping cream or even ice cream. It was time consuming with my hand-held mixer. After 45 minutes, I still wasn't getting the light and fluffy texture, so I added another half a stick of butter. Baking time for me was 2 hours, had a nice crunchy crust on the outside, very moist on the inside. Perfect with coffee!! This would be great for a crowd if it was made in a rectangular cake pan. But I'm not making this again until I get one of those KitchenAid Cake mixers! =)
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or almond or rum--whatever you feel like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, flour, and whipping cream-mix well.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Spoon into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until cake tests done. Cool in the pan for several minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, berry sauce, ice cream, or whatever strikes your fancy.
- It is also excellent "unadorned."