Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Well as you can see two favorite flavors are chocolate and coffee. Here is a super decadent coffee to make at home. You can add spirits to it as you choose. prep time does not include coffee making time
- 2 cups fresh brewed hot strong coffee (or to your taste) or 2 cups instant hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons coffee creamer (you choose the flavor- white chocolate is a favorite as is hazelnut)
- sugar or artificial sweetener
- add all ingredients to your blender or if you have a hand held mini blender use a large cup to hold all liquids.
- blend til frothy and pour into your favorite mug.
- top with chocolate shavings or cinnamin or favorite topping.
- For iced coffee- used chilled coffee instead of hot.
- Add a few crushed ice cubes to the blender and whirl til blended.
- If no blender then use a shaker cup- I do this at the cottage , just shake and pour into favorite cups and add toppings.
- Additional toppings can be chocolate jimmies, M&M's, whipp cream, vanilla bean shavings.
- Use your imagination.
Where to begin....this is the perfect go to when you are not sure whether you want a cup of hot chocolate or a cup of coffee on a blustery day. I used regular 1/2 n' 1/2 in my coffee because I never use the flavored creamers...I find they make my coffee too sweet. Also chose to omit the sugar for that same reason. In order to get the additional flavor however, I chose to use Nash Brothers Organic Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee for my base. It blended so well with the chocolate; making a coffee that would rival any specialty shop out there (since we do not have any in our neck of the woods I am quite thrilled.) The only thing I found with the recipe is that the chocolate settles to the bottom of the mug if you let it sit for any length of time, so make sure you give it a stir to reincorporate it if you do. Made and Reviewed for the 52nd OZ/NZ Recipe Swap.
*Reviewed for Australian Forum Recipe Swap June 2010* Delicious - made this as an iced coffee. Not using coffee creamer, I subbed in soy milk powder and added in a dash of Frangelico.
This was delicious. I used French Vanilla coffee & French Vanilla creamer. Went together perfectly.