Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipes I've had for years but never made until a few months ago. DH really liked this dish with breaded pork chops and gravy. The texture resembles soft mashed potatoes. Cook time assumes canned beans.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced very fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 4 cups cooked white beans, drained,canned ok
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk, another (if needed)
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic and onions in butter on low heat.
- Add beans until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Whip with electric mixer until desired consistancy is reached.
- About 4 minutes.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
It was too hot to boil potatoes and I always have canned beans on hand. These have great flavor and are easy to make. I used 1 Tbsp. of olive oil instead of the butter and I left out the onions of course. I wanted them to have some texture, so I just mashed them instead of whipping them, leaving some beans whole. Thanks for the recipe.
Yummy. I found it definitely needed the salt and pepper. I also found that I could not quite get the consistency of mashed potatoes. But I used cannelini beans and there were a lot of empty "shells" in the can. I also used only 1 tbsp. of butter and I thought it was plenty. Served this with baked fish, sparkling carrots (#103134) amd Cinnamon Oranges (#50124). Yummy dinner. Thanks!