Recipe by Sumisan
Found this on hillbillyhousewife and changed it to sugar free. You can use sugar instead!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour one cup of water in a large deep bowl. Put this bowl of water into the freezer.
- In a small bowl place the gelatin and one Tb of water. Once softened add boiling water. Dissolve completely. Let cool.
- Add oil, vanilla and lemon juice all into a small container. Set aside.
- Set sugar aside.
- When water is starting to crystallize, remove. Pour in a full cup of dry milk powder. Using electric beaters, whip the mixture at high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar. Then add the cooled gelatin mixture. Then gradually add the oil mixture, in a small stream. Now place the bowl into the freezer for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Stir it with a wire whisk right before serving.
- You may serve it right away, or keep it in the fridge for a few days. Stirring it will make it creamy again.