1/2 Photos of Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Brown Sugar Pecan Bake
1 hr 25 mins
Adjust all spices to taste. Make this up to a day in advance, refrigerate then bake the following day. Make certain to bake the sweet potatoes not boil them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (use more if desired)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature (not melted!)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans (can use more or less pecans)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place the sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and prick all over with a fork.
- 3Bake for about 1 hour or until JUST fork-tender (do not over-bake them!).
- 4Cool slightly and cut in half.
- 5Scoop out the pulp and place in a large bowl (discard the peel).
- 6Add in brown sugar (starting with 1/3 cup) butter, lemon juice, orange peel, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and egg yolk.
- 7Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste, and adjust the brown sugar and spices to taste.
- 9Add in toasted pecans and mix to combine.
- 10Spread the mixture in a large baking dish.
- 11At this point you can cover and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking.
- 12Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Brown Sugar Pecan Bake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.8
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 132.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g