Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good for fall.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 6 medium)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 lb)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- salt, to tast
- Place the sweet potatoes, carrots, and bouillon cubes in a large heavy pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat and simmer until the vegeatables are very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 6 tbsp of the cooking liquid, and place in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, whip the vegetables with the reserved cooking liquid and the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately, or reheat in a double broiler or, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes.