Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great side to your holiday meal. Fast and easy when you are rushed. They can be baked with something else in your oven at the same temp. These can also be made in the microwave if desired. Spoon into the dish, microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Top with marshmallows and allow to stand for 3 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to melt.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 celsius).
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Using a mixer, beat together the sweet potatoes, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and if using, cloves on medium speed.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared dish; top with the marshmallows.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through and the marshmallows are slightly browned.
I was going to post this recipe, and found Karen had already shared it with everyone years ago! I add 1/4 - 1/2 cup pecan pieces and 2/3 cup mini marshmallows to the sweet potato mixture and cook over low heat until melted. Then I continue with Karen's directions to spoon into a baking dish and top with the remaining 2 1/3 cup marshmallows.
Wow!!! My kids love it, even the one that won't TOUCH a sweet pototato! This is so yummy, and too easy! Thanks!
Omit marshmallows to make vegetarian, or use agar-agar vegetarian marshmallows.