Recipe by dojemi
This pie can be prepared a day or two before serving. Cover and refrigerate. On the day the dish is to be served, take out of the fridge, allow casserole to come to room temperature and finish baking in an open casserole, reheating the mixture first and then adding the marshmallows. Bake until the marshmallows melt and the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cooking time includes the cooking of the sweet potatoes.
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (I have used both fresh or canned- makes no difference)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (to put into the mix)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (for the top)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together, except marshmallows.
- Pour into well greased casserole.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 375 for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add marshmallows on top and bake until marshmallows melt and the top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes in total.