Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet Potatoes whipped with sweetened condensed milk, flavored with the taste and texture of toasted walnuts brown sugar and cinnamon this is truly a holiday treat. Enjoyed by my family since I was a boy. The toasted walnuts are an addition I made and find absolutely delicious.
- 7 sweet potatoes (Peeled and Quartered)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk (Plus more to taste)
- 1 cup brown sugar (Plus More to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped black walnut
- 1 package marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 Spray large skillet with cooking spray and toast the walnuts well, stirring frequently.
- Don't allow them to blacken.
- Boil the Peeled/Quartered Sweet potatoes just as you would regular potatoes for mashed potatoes.
- Pour into strainer and allow to drain well.
- Place potatoes into xtra large mixing bowl Along with all other ingredients except the marshmallows then use a hand blender to puree just like mashed potatoes.
- Taste, add more brown sugar and/or sweetened condensed milk if you prefer them sweeter, make sure the walnuts are well distributed.
- Turn the mixture into a casserole dish (Make sure its a deep one or the marshmallows will melt over the rim into the oven).
- Layer the marshmallows over the top pressing down lightly into the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and browned.
I made this for Christmas dinner and it was easy and tasted wonderful. I used only 4 sweet potatoes and it came out fine. Thanks for submitting this, William. I will definitely make this again.