Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tastes like whipped, melted strawberry ice cream! It's just scrumptious. It's soft enough to dip cupcakes to frost them, but with a little refrigeration it's firm enough to frost with a spatula or to pipe. The food coloring is necessary if you want pink frosting because there is not enough strawberry preserves in this to turn it pink. Speaking of pink, I used Himalayan Pink Salt. Love the stuff!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 -4 drops red gel food coloring
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the strawberry preserves, vanilla, lemon extract, salt and food coloring and beat until incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar, half a cup at a time, and continue to beat while adding the cream.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, turn the mixer to high and beat for 5-7 minutes until fluffy.
I just made this frosting for my daughter's birthday cake. We love it!!! I did not have lemon extract so used a pinch of lemon peel and a drizzle of lemon juice instead, and we also used a few drips of regular red food coloring in place of the gel food color. The frosting is fluffy, pink, pretty, and tasty; and it was easy to make. We will use this again.