Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Little bit size melt in your mouth cookies that everyone will love
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- mix all ingrediants gradually into the butter/margerine.
- remove from bowl and either roll into a log and cut into circles or roll out dough to no more then a 1/4 inch.
- place on cookie sheet and back for 10-15 minutes depending on the temp of your oven.
- let cool 5 mins on tray then move to rack. decorate however you please.
- I enjoy them with a small bit of frosting however if you prefer to have a cherry place in center of cookie before backing.
My husband and 2yr (allergic to egg) daughter just made these together. They were super easy and taste like real shortbread. So moist and tasty. These will definitely be made again.