This recipe comes from Markerville, Alberta. "The Markerville Creamy" owner gave this recipe to me at their Christmas Fair. I could not believe how they melted in my mouth like butter so yummy!
- Beat butter add icing sugar and flour continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten them if you want.
- Top them with chocolate chips or a marishino cherry.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
An easy, quick recipe that does result in "melt in your mouth" cookies. My daughter and one son really liked them. The rest of us are perhaps not big fans of shortbread cookies? I think the addition of some vanilla or some other flavoring would be nice.
These are the absolute best shortbread cookies and the easiest, too! I made these using a duplicate recipe here and they are awesome! In my oven, 10 minutes is the perfect time. I don't flatten them as they spread a lot. I've also rolled them into balls instead of just dropping them for a prettier presentation. P.S. I got at least double the amount of cookies out of the batch.