Recipe by Manami
Cool, refreshing, pretty and wonderfully appetizing. Originally, Bon Appetit - 2001. We added cream cheese to the ricotta to make this a smooth, luscious dessert.Why not use this with cranberries for Thanksgiving? Haven't done it as yet but why not? If you can find fresh ricotta, which is less grainy, then use it and omit the cream cheese. Can be made 1 day ahead, keep refrigerated and stir before using. It is very easy - time involved is refrigerator time. Update...03/2006 Serve with Amaretti cookies, coarsely chopped and add 3 tbsp. Amaretto liqueur.
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and halved strawberries)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend ricotta cheese, cream cheese, 2 Tablespoons sugar, honey and vanilla in processor until very smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until ricotta mixture is slightly set, about 2 hours.
- Combine berries, lemon juice and remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide ricotta mixture among 6 wineglasses & then top with berries.
- Serve and enjoy!