Recipe by byZula
This is so moist and tasty! One of the best plain cakes I've ever had! I like to add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and/or allspice when the mood hits. A little fresh lemon juice doesn't hurt either! :-)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the flour and cream alternately to the egg mixture; beat just until combined after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 1 hours 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan and cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- (Whipped cream substitute: 3/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup butter. Use amount required for recipe. Do this only for baking since this doesn't whip up like regular whipping cream.).