Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was craving potatoes and came up with this recipe. They were a hit and made a great side dish to my Baked Ranch Parmesan Chicken (#96098). Wonderful creamy potatoes with garlic and cheese.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, peeled,whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- Place peeled, cubed potatoes, garlic cloves and salt in Dutch oven; cover with water.
- Bring to boil.
- Boil until pototoes are fork tender.
- Drain off water and place potato/garlic mixture in mixing bowl.
- Add margarine, milk and whip until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You may have to add more milk to desired whipped potato consistency.
- Add cheeses and mix until blended inches.
What's not to like about this? Garlic, butter and 2 cheeses! A great treat.