Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another adaptation of a recipe from my favorite cookbook, The Creative Cooking Course by C. Turgeon. It's a nice variation of standard mashed potatoes, and the paprika really adds a nice look and flavor. Prep and cook times are approximate as these will vary.
- Boil peeled, cubed potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain water from potatoes.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add cream cheese and butter.
- Stir to mix.
- Add milk to make desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using hand mixer on low/medium setting, whip potato mixture until fluffy.
- Put whipped potatoes in serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- Serve hot.
This was absolutely delicious. The paprika on the top is what sets off this dish. If you don't want any leftovers, this is it. Thanks for a great recipe.
A long time family favorite. To help keep the calories down, I skim milk, nonfat cream cheese and light butter.