Recipe by Sandaidh
This is another adaptation of a recipe from my favorite cookbook, The Creative Cooking Course by C. Turgeon. It's a nice variation of standard mashed potatoes, and the paprika really adds a nice look and flavor. Prep and cook times are approximate as these will vary.
- 3 -4 lbs potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- milk, to reach consistency desired
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled, cubed potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain water from potatoes.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add cream cheese and butter.
- Stir to mix.
- Add milk to make desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using hand mixer on low/medium setting, whip potato mixture until fluffy.
- Put whipped potatoes in serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika to taste.
- Serve hot.