Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best whipped potato casserole you will ever make. These are full of flavor and richness, and are wonderfully good with gravy on them. Just give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled & quartered (I prefer Yukon gold)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (8 ounce) containerwhipped cream cheese with chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350. Coat a 13x9" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Lightly salt and bring to a boil. Lower to simmering; cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until fork tender, drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with a hand mixer. Add butter, half & half, cream cheese, garlic salt and nutmeg. With mixer, beat potatoes on med-high speed until very smooth. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle sliced almonds over casserole; bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered, until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.