Whipped Milk Chocolate Frosting
- Pour the cream into a small, heavy saucepan; place over moderately high heat until the cream begins to boil.
- Remove pan from heat; add the chocolate, shaking the pan so all the chocolate gets immersed with the cream.
- Let stand for 1 minute, or until the chocolate is melted.
- Beat the mixture with a large, heavy spoon until the mixture is smooth and well blended; transfer to a small bowl.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature; whip with an electric mixer on high speed until it thickens and forms soft peaks.
- Frost as desired, swirling the frosting into small peaks.
- The frosting will be soft at first, but will thicken up upon standing.