Recipe by carolinafan
For a special touch sprinkle chopped toasted pecans over sweet potatoes.
Top Review by A Good Thing
These were very, VERY sweet. I can't get American "sweet potatoes" so used kumeras instead. The added maple syrup only made a very sweet dish even sweeter...too sweet, really. I would happily make this again leaving off all of the maple syrup. We did, however, LOVE the nutmeg flavor. Sorry we couldn't give it a better review. Made for PAC 2008.
- 3 lbs red garnet sweet potatoes or 3 lbs yams
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavor syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- additional maple-flavor syrup, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Pierce potatoes with fork. Place potatoes in square pan, 9x9x2 inches. Cover and bake about 1 hour 15 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Slip off skins. Beat potatoes with electric mixer on medium speed until no lumps remain. Add 2 tablespoons syrup, the butter, salt and nutmeg. Continue beating until potatoes are light and fluffy. Drizzle with additional syrup.