- 6 medium yukon gold potatoes or 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook the potatoes and garlic in boiling salted water until fork tender; drain, reserving potato water.
- Mash with a potato masher and mix in lemon juice, oil, and enough water to whip them lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Note: If desired, substitute 3 parsnips for 2 potatoes.