Recipe by Dancer^
This is great works with any dessert.
Top Review by KateL
Made this for the whipped topping called for in Recipe#485113. You taste milk and sugar. After adding the sugar, oil, and gelatin, it didn't whip very stiffly. After the 15 minutes in the freezer, it had jelled. It performed as needed in Recipe#485113, giving it a real ice cream taste. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Dancer. Will use again.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly chill a small mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
- In another small bowl, soften gelatin with 2 teaspoons of cold water, then add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Set aside and cool until tepid.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat ice water and nonfat dry milk at high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Add sugar, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- Cover and freeze for about 15 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until ready for use.
- Stir before using to retain a creamy texture.