Recipe by Marie
Delicious light and fluffy frosting. If desired, you can use other flavors of pudding mix.
Top Review by crazycookinmama
Used vanilla pudding and this was quite a surprise. The frosting is very flavorful but not too sweet which I love. I topped my Vanilla Caramel Cupcakes with this frosting. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare instant pudding according to package directions using the 1 cup cold milk only.
- Set aside.
- With electric mixer, blend sugar, butter and shortening and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add pudding mixture and continue beating until fluffy.
- Keep frosted cake refrigerated.