Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
I know there are a zillion recipes on zaar for whipped cream topping, but here is mine. It's simple as can be.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Thank you for posting this recipe! I used to always make my own whipped cream, but then out of convenience I started buying the stuff in a can when needed for ice cream etc. Well, I went back to whipping my own cream again and it has never tasted quite right...Surprise I kept forgetting the vanilla. Thanks for cluing me back in! Oh, I added a hint of cinnamon to my whipped cream, because I used it to top WI Cheesehead's Mexican Banana Splits. Made for the Aus/Nz Swap 19
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a medium-sized mixing bowl (metal works best) and mixer beaters in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes before preparing. Make sure to thoroughly chill whipping cream as well.
- Pour all ingredients into the mixing bowl. (Note: You may choose not to add the nutmeg. I like to use it for a surprising, earthy flavor. I also substitute other spices such as cinnamon or cloves if the mood strikes. You may use your discretion).
- Beat at low speed at first until mixture begins to bubble and slightly thicken.
- Then beat at medium-high speed until beaters begin to leave a trail, and stiff peaks form when tested with the back of a spoon (Note: Do not beat too long, or the mixture will become sweetened butter).
- Top dessert of your choice.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for 24-48 hours.