Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons water, cold
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine Gelatin and Cold Water in small saucepan.
- Let stand until thick.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until Gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool, but do not allow to set.
- Whip Cream, Sugar and Vanilla until slightly thickened.
- While beating slowly, gradually add Gelatin to Whipped Cream mixture.
- Whip at high speed until stiff.
Used this to top Coconut Cream Pie # 14699. It is wonderful! It holds up really well, even after a couple days! This recipe will definately be a staple in our house! Thanks for posting!
this is the same recipe I use all the time and it is the BEST!!!
I use this recipe all the time, but instead of the vanilla, my recipe calls for cherry schnapps.