Recipe by Marie
Creamy rich fruit salad that will be a great accompaniment to any meal. Cook time is for sauce and is approximate.
Top Review by Niki Zuidema
This is the recipe that my aunt used to make and I finally found it! I love this fruit salad - it is so yummy. I couldn't squeeze out enough pineapple juice to get 1 cup but after putting the pineapple in the bowl I realized there was much more that didn't come out. Next time I will use a strainer to get the juice I need. Other than that, it was easy to make and tasted wonderful. Thanks!
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (7 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup of juice in a small saucepan and set pineapple aside.
- To saucepan, add sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice and oil.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine drained pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges and bananas.
- Fold in whipped cream and cooled sauce.
- Chill for several hours.