a light creamy frosting with several variations, all you need is the cake...
Make and share this Whipped Cream Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, sifted in with in the icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in the cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 finely grated lemon, rind of, in place of the vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 finely grated orange, rind of, in place of the vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, in place of the vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup minced nuts, of your choice,folded in
- 1 -2 tablespoon brandy or 1 -2 tablespoon rum or 1 -2 tablespoon Bourbon, in place of the vanilla (For extra tipsy, pierce the cake layers and dribble with more of the same type of liquor and let sta)
- Using both a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, beat the cream until frothy.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla gradually while beating.
- Whip until light and a thick enough consistency to spread as an icing.
- Use immediately.