Recipe by Cakeflake
It is a versatile frosting without the to-sweet flavor. Works well for decorating and piping. Also a good cake filling. On top of all that, it's super simple. Great for ice cream cakes. More stable that plain whipped cream frosting.
Top Review by bar88_2000_12121160
I used this because my son wanted a birthday cake with pudding inside. I used Hershey's chocolate pudding mix because I made the Hershey cake on the Cocoa can. I may use this to frost my next cake entirely instead of making a separate frosting. It was delicious and not too sweet. I can't wait to try other flavors.
- 2 cups whipping cream (equal to the amount of milk called for on the pudding box)
- 4 ounces instant pudding mix (any flavor you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill mixing bowl (metal) and beater(s).
- Whip the cream for a few minutes
- and then add your instant pudding.
- Watch as you continue whipping it as it gets firm fast.
- If it gets firm to fast, add a little milk to bring it to your desired consistency.
- To make larger or smaller batches use an amount of whipping cream equal to the amount of milk called for on the pudding box.