Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is a versatile frosting without the to-sweet flavor. Works well for decorating and piping. Also a good cake filling. On top of all that, it's super simple. Great for ice cream cakes. More stable that plain whipped cream frosting.
- 2 cups whipping cream (equal to the amount of milk called for on the pudding box)
- 4 ounces instant pudding mix (any flavor you prefer)
- Chill mixing bowl (metal) and beater(s).
- Whip the cream for a few minutes
- and then add your instant pudding.
- Watch as you continue whipping it as it gets firm fast.
- If it gets firm to fast, add a little milk to bring it to your desired consistency.
- To make larger or smaller batches use an amount of whipping cream equal to the amount of milk called for on the pudding box.
I made this today with vanilla pudding mix. It had a wonderful, buttery mouth-feel. I would suggest adding some almond or vanilla flavoring if using vanilla pudding mix, and watch the consistency closely. You will probably need to add some milk. Thanks for a very easy recipe!