Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really good frosting that isn't too sweet.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cream margarine, shortening and sugar.
- Beat in chilled paste and any desired flavoring.
- Beat at high speed until mixture resembles whipped cream.
- Mixture will frost and fill a 9" 2 layer cake, or a 9 x 13 inch sheet cake.