Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on cakes of all sorts!
- To make the frosting.
- In medium bowl mix together 1/4 cup cream and gelatin.
- Let rest for 5 minutes to soften.
- Then place over barely simmering water to dissolve the gelatin.
- Remove the bowl from heat and let cool to tepid.
- In the meantime, in mixing bowl beat remaining cream until slightly thickened, add the sugar and vanilla and essence and beat until consistency of shaving cream.
- Fold 1/2 cup of the sweetened whipped cream into gelatin mixture, then fold in remainder of whipped cream.
- Place in fridge and chill for 1/2 hour.
- For chocolate whipped cream -- Mix 3 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted and 3 ounces granulated sugar. Then add this to the basic cream mixture above, while adding the confectioners' sugar and essence.