Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and fluffy, it's perfect for cakes!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipped cream, unwhipped (33-35%)
- In a bowl whip the 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl beat together the cream cheese with sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Using a spatula fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
I was looking for a different frosting for my Red Velvet cupcakes and this one is a sure winner! I did cut the sugar in half as I don't like using so much. I cut the sugar to a 1/2 cup. When it came time to incorporate the sugar, cream cheese, vanilla mixture into the prepared whipped cream, it wouldn't incorporate so matter how I folded it. At this point, I dumped it back into the mixture and whipped it for around 30 seconds and it fixed it just fine. Might be the cream cheese wasn't soft enough initially which would be my fault since I was a tad impatient. None the less, its a fabulous recipe that I can see using for a variety of desserts. Next time, I plan on cutting the sugar a tad bit more. Hubby tried a cupcake and he isn't found of sweets but he raved about it, that alone tells me its a winner!
Yummo! This wasn't substantial enough (thick) to pile high, but it will def be my new go-to when I don't need to build pillows of clouds :) Thanks so much for this, made my son's entire football team lick their fingers totally clean!
Enjoyed this on some red velvet cake. Yummy!