Recipe by makochic
This is a great dessert with ice cream! My mom's an excellent cook, so it's hard to invent things that impress the rest of the family, but it's now a hit. It's great year round.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces espresso
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (can use brown sugar too, have exztra for the pan)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the whiipping cream until it begins to stiffen.
- Add the espresso, followed by the eggs (one at a time), extract, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Reduce the speed to med/low, and slowly add the sugar and flour.
- Mix only until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan that's been greased, and dusted with sugar.
- Bake about an hour to an hour and a half.