Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cutting down or eliminating dairy, but still want something to top pumpkin pie or dip strawberries in? Coconut milk makes just as thick and rich whipped cream as whipping cream. And the only different in preparation is to remember to put the coconut milk in the fridge long enough to chill. An additional plus is that whipped coconut cream does not break down the way dairy does. This whipped cream can be covered and stored for up to a few days without separation taking place.
- Set can of coconut milk and mixing bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Set beaters in freezer for a few minutes before you begin.
- Open can and remove all the solid coconut cream (leaving about 1/4 can of coconut water).
- Mix cream in chilled bowl, with chilled beaters until fluffy (3 minutes or so).
- Mix in powdered sugar and/or any other flavoring.
- Use right away or cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- All ingredients are plus or minus a little.