Cutting down or eliminating dairy, but still want something to top pumpkin pie or dip strawberries in? Coconut milk makes just as thick and rich whipped cream as whipping cream. And the only different in preparation is to remember to put the coconut milk in the fridge long enough to chill. An additional plus is that whipped coconut cream does not break down the way dairy does. This whipped cream can be covered and stored for up to a few days without separation taking place.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set can of coconut milk and mixing bowl in the fridge overnight.
- 2Set beaters in freezer for a few minutes before you begin.
- 3Open can and remove all the solid coconut cream (leaving about 1/4 can of coconut water).
- 4Mix cream in chilled bowl, with chilled beaters until fluffy (3 minutes or so).
- 5Mix in powdered sugar and/or any other flavoring.
- 6Use right away or cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 7All ingredients are plus or minus a little.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Coconut Cream
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1547.7
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 64.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 236.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 229.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g