Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect topper for waffles, soy ice cream sundaes, cupcakes, desserts, or pretty well anything else that calls for a little something extra! It uses agave nectar or Maple syrup instead of sugar, making it a little less of a sugar shock for some diabetic fols. This is a Vegan whipped cream so good, it will even please the non-vegans at the table. For this recipe, you will need to create a cold version of a double boiler. Fill a small pot about half way with cold water and ice cubes, and place a bowl on top of the pot ( you may want to do some measuring first, because you do not want the bowl to fall into the pot). This is a great way to make sure the whipped cream stays chilled while you give it a good whip! Feel free to play with it, add some spices or flavors to it to enhance the flavour of your dish.
- Using a spoon, carefully separate the thick, heavy cream from the top of the watery stuff below and put the thick cream in a medium sized ceramic bowl (big enough to use beaters in).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour, up to 2 hours.
- Create the cold version of a double boiler (described above).
- Add the agave nectar or maple syrup and extracts.
- beat all ingredients together on a medium speed until peaks begin to form. You may want to taste test as you are beating, and add more sweetener if it tastes really coconutty.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve the way you would whipped cream.