Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pretty, tasting filling or frosting for any cake. Whipping the ganache makes it lighter in color with tiny dark flecks of chocolate mixed throughout. Use your favorite kind of chocolate, from milk to bittersweet.
- Place chocolate in large metal mixing bowl.
- Heat cream to boiling, either on the stove, or in the microwave.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add powdered sugar, sm amt at a time to taste.
- Place the bowl, uncovered, in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 1 hour. Also place the electric mixer beaters to chill.
- Remove bowl and beaters from fridge and whip ganache on high for 2-3 minutes, or until it lightens in color and triples in volume.
- Use as desired on cake or cupcakes.