Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lush light frosting which keeps it's consistency for 1-2 days in the refrigerator and doesn't seem to sink into the cake as so many do. Simple and easy to make. A delicious topping for those special occasions when you want something special.
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 236.59 ml icing sugar (2 cups if added sweetness is desired, I use 1 1/2 to 2cups)
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add whipping cream and stir to mix.
- With beater whip as for whipping cream.
- This amount will very generously cover a large Angel cake or any other large cake.
What a great icing. I wanted a light, cream-based icing and chose this one as I know Gerry's recipes are so good. Smart move on my part. I went with 1 1/4 cups of sugar as we don't like things too sweet. This was creamy, but light-flavoured and floated on the chocolate cake I'd baked. The whole family loved it. Thanks, Gerry.
Totally loved this frosting!
This icing was delicious. I put it on my husbands birthday cake, he loves whipped cream icing as the other members of my family do not. This more than pleased them all. I also added about 1 3/4 cups sugar and it had just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect!!