Recipe by Sarah
Adopted from the Recipezaar account. The original poster said: From Gourmet's November 2003 issue. Original recipe by Bobby Flay. I love the way the chipotle heat compliments the sweetness of the potatoes. No mini-marshmellows on these, please!
Top Review by Kater
I thought I would like the combination of sweet and spicy but it just wasn't what I was looking for. I love sweet potatoes and I love chipotle but I don't think I'm a fan of them together. This is strictly a personal preference thing. The potatoes were very fluffy and creamy and neither taste was overpowering and the recipe is definitely easy. Thanks moxie!
- 5 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed but with skins on
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, and put them on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet on the middle rack, and bake until the potatoes are very soft, 1- 1 1/2 hours.
- While they are baking, butter a 2-quart shallow casserole dish.
- Chop the chilies, and crush them and the adobo sauce into a paste with a mortar& pestle.
- You should end up with about 1 tablespoon of paste.
- When the potatoes are soft, take them out and let them cool.
- Turn the oven down to 350.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the soft flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Beat potatoes, chili paste, butter and salt with an electric mixer just until smooth.
- Spread in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 until hot-- 20-25 minutes.