Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This sounds really good.
- 8 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced and mashed to a paste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut and softened
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prick potatoes and bake in middle of oven 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until very soft.
- Cool potatoes until they can be handled and scoop flesh into a bowl.
- With an electric mixer beat potatoes with chili paste, butter, and salt and pepper to taste just until smooth and spread in a buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Potatoes may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring potatoes to room temperature before proceeding.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake potatoes in middle of oven until hot, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sweet potatoes with a "kick" - what a delicious idea! After all those "sweet" sweet potato casseroles at Christmas -- this is a great way to kick off the New Year - yes, with a kick. : ) We enjoyed this dish with our New Year's leftovers of cabbage, blackeyed peas and some cornbread. Made for the Football Pool tag game.
Great way to spice up sweet potatoes! I cut this recipe in half and used as a filling for quesadillas topped with mango salsa and avocado. Amazing combo! Thanks for the post.
different and delicious! Thanks for posting this very different way to do sweets.