Recipe by Montana Heart Song
There are many recipes for Mashed Cauliflower. This is simple, good and fast and different. A make ahead recipe if desired. Your guests will be guessing the ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 large head cauliflower, with core, leaves removed, whole
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 8-10 saltine crackers or 8-10 cheese crackers, crushed
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 6 slice Velveeta cheese (1/4 inches wide) or 6 slice colby-monterey jack cheese (1/4 inches wide)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the whole head with core side down in large stock pot. Make sure the entire head is covered by boiling water. Cook on medium high heat.
- Stick a fork in it after 8 to 10 minutes.
- It must be soft.
- Drain in colander.
- Place drained cauliflower in mixing bowl and margarine.
- Mash on low speed.
- Add crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper. Mix at low speed.
- Fold in sour cream with spoon.
- Tear slices of cheese in small pieces and fold in to mixture.
- Pile in heat proof serving dish.Heat for 3 - 4 minutes in microwave. Serve.
- You may refrigerate covered, then heat in microwave. Use a longer time at 70% to 80% power because it is chilled.
- You will have your guests guessing at the ingredients. Enjoy!